Tuesday 11 March 2014

Sunshine, Sunnies and Sweet Dresses





Let us just rejoice in the sunny weather of the past couple of days in the UK. I forgot how glorious it is to feel heat on your skin and see blue skies above you! A bit of vitamin D and sunshine and suddenly everyone is happier. I made the most of it by heading to a park to lounge and sat outside for lunch. It was almost like being on holiday. I saw my family and spent time enjoying their company in the sun. But sadly as I look out my window now all I see is grey and cold. Damn. 

But here I was yesterday wearing this cute little pattered skater dress thanks to Poppy Lux. It comes with cap lsleeves and a cinched in waist but as the temperature dropped slightly I chucked on this light blazer from River Island to warm up the look. If you'd rather grunge up such a pretty dress then a leather jacket would add that rock chic edge. Ankle boots stop this outfit from being too girly and if the weather would allow some tanned legs would make this dress sing! As a fuss free additional I choose to wrap my hair up in a messy bun and left my side bangs loose. As I was totally unprepared for the nice weather I borrowed these sunglasses but normally I go for frames much bigger. Can't wait for the sun to pop its head out again so I can whack those out. Head to Poppy Lux for some perfect S/S peices with a rather affordable pricetag too!

Did you do anything nice in England during the weekend? And How would you wear this lovely number?

14 comments :

  1. I love this outfit! So on trend and cute. x

    www.myfamilyandabruzzo.com
    www.lululovesfilms.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress! I saw it on a fellow Belgian blogger and I love it!

    X Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress - love the a-line skirt :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is adorable! great outfit :)

    http://princesscandyfloss.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always manage to look flawless and your outfits are adorable!
    Loving the look<3
    Http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dress! I always love messy bun <3

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so in love with the print of your dress!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, you look gorgeous as always Hollie. It's great that you're enjoying some sunny days in the UK! Your dress is so nice. I almost bought a dress super similar to that one today! But I ended up going for a plain burdeaux dress I'm in love with now hahahaha <3

    PS. Hollie thanks for your kindly comment on my blog about the revlon lippies and your advice on Maybelline Colour Sensational Gloss! I'll let you know if I get them <3

    www.definitelymycupofea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops *www.definitelymycupoftea.com HAHA I suck at writing my own URL sometimes.

      Delete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig