Thursday 18 August 2011

Hilary Alexander



As I want to be a fashion journalist meeting Hilary Alexander when interning at The Daily Telegraph back in the summer of 2010 was a dream come true. How can she not be an inspiration? She has been awarded the Fashion journalist of the year twice, spent 26 sensational years with the Daily Telegraph, travelled the world, attended the most prestigious fashion shows and has shared seats with some of the most influential fashion professionals. An envious C.V by anyone's standards. 

However, with my purchase of the new i-D magazine I discovered that Hilary is swapping the role of Daily Telegraph fashion director for archaeology.

'"Vintage is a way of wearing history, a means by which we can turn the past into the present, even the future. Through us old fashion lives again."
-Hilary Alexander

During my internship I remember telling Hilary that I had applied to study at Nottingham Trent University and her response being very positive. It is no secret that she is tremendously supportive of emerging designers by attending end of year runway shows - one being Nottingham Trent's. Hilary said Nottingham was a great place to study fashion and enjoyed their fashion shows so when I was accepted to study at Nottingham Trent I was obviously thrilled. 

So, Hilary Alexander, thank you for your kind words, thank you for your dedication to fashion and thank you for inspiring me to follow my dreams. I wish you all the best in your new chosen career path. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig