Sunday 5 August 2012

Summer Beauty Lusts


YSL Le Tient Touche Eclat Foundation £28, YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in Nude Beige and Peach Passion £23.50, Nars Douceurs de Paris Palette £37, Nars Arabesque Shimmer nail polish £14

It has come to that time of year when my make-up bag needs renewing and for some reason I am allured to all the expensive brands and products for my summer season wishlist. My colour of the season seems to be peaches and nudes - feminine and shimmery and these cult beauty saviours satisfy my colour lusts. I have heard great things about the YSL Le Tient Touche Eclat Foundation and at £28 it isn't too expensive considering it is a high-end product that is expected to last months. Apparently it provides all qualities desired from a foundation -  a light-weight natural feel that doesn't compromise on coverage, glowy luminosity that gives skin a healthy glow without looking greasy, last all day and comes in a vast range of shades so customers can find their perfect colour. I have to say I am tempted to try this from my everyday Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation which is a lot cheaper. Even though I love this product I feel that it doesn't last all day and my skin isn't looking as healthy and radiant as it used to whilst wearing it. Maybe my skin has got used to it? Is this possible? 

I have heard that if you go to a YSL beauty counter they will test shades on you and give you a test bottle to take away and try before buying the full bottle which is fantastic! So I will definitely do that. Another YSL product I want to try is from the illusive Rouge Volupte lipstick range in both Peach Passion and Nude Beige. These must-have lipstick are said to be the most creamy, moisturising and luxurious feeling lipsticks on the market and come in elegant and expensive looking packaging - something that just adds to the joy of this product. All this creaminess makes me think it is something that doesn't last long on the lips but apparently it is said to have longevity despite it being slippery. However, it is a whopping £23.50! Is this too much to pay for a lipstick?

I love Nars products and as I am in Nottingham at the moment I have Space.NK.apothecary close by selling Nars which is great as nowhere sells Nars in Sheffield! I went today to see the products in the flesh and was surprised at the quality and range. Everything looks and feels luxurious and basically I could have bought the entire shop. One thing that really took my eye is the Nars Arabesque Shimmer nail polish which I tested on my thumb nail (above) and it looks amazing over my pinky hue nail polish. Even though it is £14 I think it maybe something I have to have. It is super glittery and is the ideal shade for this summer as the shimmery sparkles are a pink peach with goldish shine and when worn look sensationally professional. If this colour is built up it has the wow factor, really glamorous and pretty - looks like the best nail polish ever to me. Just have a look on Google search and you will see how perfect this shade really is. The only thing I will say is it is very sheer and transparent unless layered till about five coats but I think it works as layered over other nail varnish like I did in the photograph. Which makes the polish last longer too.  

Another Nars product I am wanting is the Nars Douceurs de Paris Palette which comes with six best-selling shades of eyeshadow, some with a touch of shimmer and sparkle to help lids look dazzling on a night out. I think this palette in particular is great because all the shades are wearable and desirable. You have earthy taupes and browns for daywear and deep sensuous purple and sparkling grey for the night-time. Despite it's £37 price tag I think it is worth the money for the sheer fact that it will be your one stop for eyeshadow throughout the entire year and above all it will last! 

However, if I was to purchase all these lovelies it would cost me £102.50, money I don't have at this moment in time. Although, if you have cash to burn and fancy these summer loves then make sure you take advantage of the methods to make money back. Buy the YSL products from Boots and get 750 points back which makes £7.50. Then buy the Nars products from uk.spacenk.com after signing up for one of their member cards which gives 1 point for every £1 spent - and once 100 points have been made you get £5 to spend. Buying these Nars goodies takes you just over half way. Plus you get exclusive offers, private invitations and even birthday rewards. So until I too have enough dough in the kitty, I shall just have to keep on dreaming...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig