Saturday 8 March 2014

Salute Yourself This International Women's Day


Happy International Women's Day to all the amazing, independent women in the world. I have to count my many blessings when I look around and see the riches that I have in my life which is my health, home, friends and family. However, somedays I don't think so righteous and let the holes in my life take centre stage but thankfully I have people around me for support who remind me of the many milestones I have accumulated over the years'. This isn't about bragging and boasting but thinking positively and confidently about who you are and the decisions you have made. 

If your feeling down take a moment to acknowledge those momentous moments you've experienced. For me, I think how well I have done to go all the way with education and come out with the highest degree, I think how I took the reigns on many opportunities which led to working with some amazing people in the fashion and creative industries, I think how even though I never learnt how to drive when I was 17, since graduating I passed my driving lesson (first time too), I think how with all the changes I have had a stable relationship with my Boyfriend for over 7 years', I think of all the friends I made at University and how strong those bonds still are, I think of my best friend of all time which I know will be a lifelong friendship, I think of my nephew which has shown me a unique love, I think of the future and everything which is yet to be and slowly learn to see it as an adventure rather than something which fills me with anxiety. 

Blogs are often about envying other people's bodies, dress sense and lifestyle but no matter your age or where you are make today a day about thinking positively about yourself and spreading the message to other fellow women. We've come so far as a nation but our personal journeys are only just beginning. 

11 comments :

  1. Happy international women day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind & Thoughtful thoughts ..
    Happy Day Ladies & Happy Every day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post, Happy international women's day :)

    Esttrill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy International Womens Day to you as well :) Lots of people in America have actually never heard of this day ... I was one of the many who hadn't, until my Italian professor told us all about it. He came from Italy and was teaching at our women's college where shared stories of men walking around with flowers and giving them out to random women on the street all over Italy as an expression of gratitude for all that women do. I absolutely loved it!! Fingers crossed that one day it catches on in the US!!

    xo Elle

    https://itsaromanthing.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop Whoop! We don't rally do anything special for it over here - we should do something like Italy that would be so nice x

      Delete
  5. You're incredibly gorgeous!
    And Happy international women's day!
    Power to us ladies!!

    http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh your so sweet and damn right power to us ladies! x

      Delete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig