Wednesday 21 May 2014

All Things Bright and Beautiful


One the perks about blogging is that every now and then you get kind people out in the industry taking note of your slice of the internet and offering you products to review. It would be rude not to right? But I don't collaborate with everyone and always try to make sure whoever is contacting me offers something I love and think my readers would too. So, when the opportunity arouse to pick a timepiece from the new Citizen Drive collection I jumped to it. 

If you are a dedicated Give Me More follower you will know that the only watch I own is my trusty and much loved Michael Kors rose gold number gifted to me by my boyfriend. I was never a watch person before that moment but from then on it seemed to rarely leave my wrist. I think watches are really having their moment and for good reason - designs are better than ever and they somehow inject a look with the cool factor. That's right, I used the word cool. It may be a phase coined in our adolescent youth but I'm bringing it back in this instance. I just can't think of a better description! In-line with my MC piece I wanted to select something from the Citizen line which held a similar chunky aesthetic but in a lighter metal. Which led me to opting for this rather gorgeous AML Citizen Eco-Drive watch in silver and rose gold. And another cool thing about this make is that it doesn't require batteries, it powers using sunlight. 

When it arrived at my address I instantly fell for its classy yet androgynous look - even Tim was eyeing it up. When styling I thought it was enhanced stacked alongside other arm candy, like this Pandora charm bracelet and Kurt Geiger bracelet as their cream and nudey shades married perfectly with the dual neutral hues of this timepiece. Then feeling colourful I went for this lively yet casual Basic V neck top from Tobi with my awesome H&M Low Skinny Ankle Jeans (as a no jean kinda gal these have changed my outlook). Completed with my almost matching Other Stories Neon Pouch and Dorothy Perkins heeled sandals. Overall, a really wearable outfit ideal for these sun-filled days of late here in the UK. Let's hope things stay sunny, it is giving me reenergised inspiration for styling! What do you think of the Citizen watches? Which one would you have chosen?

5 comments :

  1. Oh that is one lovely watch! No wonder why you like it. I'm also not a watch person but I do love wearing a watch every now and then. So sweet of them to get you that wonderful watch. I love your look in those pictures. You look stunning x

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful as usual. Love that Kurt Geiger bracelet...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow just suits you! A nice and simple outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig