Tuesday 9 August 2011

A dream...


As a Yorkshire lass from Sheffield I was never meant to dream big but a family trait of mine gave me the confidence and drive to form ambitions way beyond my home city. That family trait is imagination. I have always been the creative and artistic type, whether that be in the form of painting, writing or dance. However, at 16 years old I entered six form wanting to use this imagination for fashion. 

Three years later and I still continuing with my dream to be a fashion journalist undeterred by any other career path that may flutter my way. A new love affair of mine to help me practice and nurture my writing is this blog. It may not be much or very accomplished yet but it's mine and I love it. Everyday I check out some of my favourite blogs like fashiontoast, Cupcakes and Cashmere and Style Bubble, forming opinions and ideas for my own blog. I am yet to find my true blogging persona or identity as there are so many avenues at my fingertips but I am slowly finding my niche. 

As a fashion student I have the understanding, knowledge and capabilities to make my blogging credible and interesting. This blog is a way of allowing people in to my fashion world of work, influences and inspirations. Despite my 'together' appearance I have a passion for the punk movement, 80's big hair, pop icons, underground and 1960's glamour. My mum always said I should have been born in the 60's. All these interests filter through my visual selection and writing style.

Now you know a bit about me, what I dream of, what I do and how I do it you should know that this family trait of mine is never satisfied and is always craving for more fashion feed. Being at the front row at The Look Show AW11 at Westfield Stratford City, jotting down notes, reveling in the runway spectacle alongside other influential bloggers would quench my thirst for true and official journalistic fashion experience. It would spark bigger and more daring aspirations whilst motivating me to keep going with this glorious fashion trail.    

No comments :

Post a Comment

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig