Wednesday 22 August 2012

Topshop Smokey Eye Palette


Topshop smokey eyes quad in tawny, smokey eyes in smouldering and constellation eye palette £12 each.

I have been scouring the high-street for a new eye shadow palette as I have become ever more seduced by the power of eyeshadow a lately. I normally opt for a sleek of black eyeliner on my lids but even though it is my safe option I am getting bored of it and have began experimenting more with day looks including shadows. I was searching for an alternative to the praised 'Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 Eye Palette' as it's price tag is a budget busting £36! Yes you get a staggering 12 shades for your buck but I wasn't prepared to spend so much on a single item. I have always been a fan our Topshop's make-up as it follows the trends of seasonal beauty inspiration and doesn't break the bank financially. Some products are better than others so I always test the products in store first or ready reviews online before making a purchase. So, I was pleasantly surprised to see Topshop's new eye shadow palettes gaining raving reviews in both their quality and colours. At a respected £12 these palettes offer four generously sized eye shadows, each well pigmented, with a velvety soft texture and shimmery aesthetic. I am yet to check them out in store but I very tempted by the 'smokey eyes quad in tawny' for daywear. The shades look subtle, neutral and glowy qualities I think are right for the day-time look. However, for the night it is a toss up between the 'smokey eyes in smouldering and constellation eye palette' for night. 'Smouldering'  offers sexy evening staples of black, deep purple, saturated brown and white highlighter. However, 'constellation'  is more unique in that the eye shadows mimic the dip-dye effect going dark to light in each individual colour. Which range from charcoal to a light peachy coral. If I buy one of these palettes I'll be sure to do a review on them and also a smokey eye demonstration and tutorial. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig