Sunday 22 December 2013

Naughty Duplicate







Urte Kundrotaite Photographs

I don't know if your allowed to do this but I am feeling nostalgic and wanted to re-post these photographs a dear friend from University took of me a couple of years' ago. So much time has past and yet it feels like yesterday I was cooking burgers on a rickety disposable Tesco BBQ, drinking beer and sunbathing in our tiny, overgrown student garden. Such fond memories of that time. The whole thing. Those three years' were probably the best yet. I look at these pictures and as we all do when we inspect our selves in images, I see things I don't like about myself, like my teeth but I can also look at them and see things that I really do like, like my eyes. I think my friend captured some genuine insight and perspective to who I am. Because although I may not smile open mouthed much in photographs because of my insecurities, in these photographs I felt so comfortable with a friend that my personality shone through regardless. Loosing yourself in happiness is so liberating. Sometimes you just have to let go and forget about how you look all the time. So, this is quite a deep and personal post really. It didn't mean to be! I can't help getting all gooey eyed about the past. Now to the future...

4 comments :

  1. So jealous of your blue eyes! & I love the knit sweater xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fab here! Love these candy shades... So chic! xx
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig