Sunday 12 January 2014

Let's Play: Wildfox Spring Lagoon Lookbook 2014



Wildfox Spring 2014 lookbook / Lagoon

These Wildfox lookbook photographs just make me yearn for Springtime. There are two fleeting seasons that stand-out to me, Spring and Autumn. The transitional months that in the British climate seem all too brief. Both have that glowing sun with a light breeze. Autumn obviously is a time when nature is stripped of its vitality and boasts the festive hues of Christmas. But Spring is about new starts, new beginnings, new sprouts of life in the undergrowth. You can begin to wear skirts with bare legs again. Some days you can happily leave your jacket at home and let your string tops breathe. It is the season of delicate fabrics and soft unripened corals, pinks and violets. Those winter blues are behind you and on the brink of summer you can look forward and plan the year's adventures. If only in my younger days I was more obsessed with photo-taking I'd have stacks of youth snaps just like this Wildfox lookbook - minus the tropical location and bohemian attire. Friends. Getting together to bask in the sun all day long. Going somewhere, nowhere. We'd go swimming in rivers and streams in the woods. Sit on hilltops over-looking the entire city. Walk with no purpose or destination. It was all about being young and being together. That is what Spring feels like to me. Only now it is nostalgic as getting older means more and more that those days are fewer and fewer. Work, debts, family, planing for the future all becomes more central and you find yourself with less and less people to just 'hang out' with. People move away, start their own life, have commitments. But we'll always have those Springs where we didn't have to think about tomorrow. If anything it only proves to make more time to just be kids again. And until I get too old, if you are ever too old, to do so I'm going to make time for Spring before it has gone. 

8 comments :

  1. I need new friends jajaja i want to take some pics like that! nice inspiration!

    Thank you for your comment! Of course we can follow each other! I'd be so glad to keep in contact like you said :) and what about other social media? That way I won't miss a thing! I'll leave mine in the links below <3

    Facebook / Instagram /Twitter / Chicisimo
    Hannah's Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you on your social media platforms Hannah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring, please come fast! Lovely pics

    xx
    Fer

    http://elaudazblogdefer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pics :)

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Let me know if you follow, I'll follow back immediately :)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pictures are very nice *_*your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Wildfox and love this! <3 Gypsy Ki
    www.gypsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of all of their hairstyles in this!
    Such a cute post
    xx

    http://nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my post and comment :) x

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig