Sunday 2 March 2014

A ROCKIN' ROLLTOP




In the chaos of what is redoing a bathroom I saw our bare and tatty walls and saw an opportunity. My Mum will probably kill me for taking a photograph of her bathroom during refurbishment but I thought the rough texture actually made for a nice background. The lighting too was beautiful so, I took advantage of such things for a much needed look post.

This is the outfit I wore to meet up with friends. I couldn't think of what to wear that was appropriate for a cold day but also nice enough to make a good impression. I hadn't seen one friend properly for several years' and the other had come from University for a catch up. Staying social is such an important part of life and the older I get the more I realise just how important. 

Going back to fashion, I ended up wearing some staple black skinny trousers from Topshop, a navy top in a lovely satin material also from Topshop, this snuggly Zara crop jumper and my nudey pink coat from Zara too. This jumper is a funny one. Once you get over the could have been shrunk in the wash look it actually works as the length stops at the smallest point of your waist - emphasising your curves. I love the long sleeves and cosy rolltop neck. My hair is at a good length at the moment, long enough with curls. I thought I'd never see the day. Speaking of hair, I need some highlights putting in soon in anticipation of the sun which I am sure by the time comes out, my hair will need doing again. But a girl can hope. Whilst shopping with my friend she picked up a blonde ombre kit and dusty pink colouring for some rose tinted ends. If she lets me I might document the whole process as I shall be doing the dying. 

I am waiting on some items to come through to review so hopefully, there will be some exciting things to see over the coming weeks. Also, I am going to be doing my 'Feature' posts soon and working them into my blog. The lastest addition will be 'Book Club' a monthly review of novels I have read, am currently reading or about to! 

20 comments :

  1. love it!

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo I'd love to read book club posts, I am such a book nerd!! Love this outfit, it's stylish but also practical! In some of the posts I read the girls wear gorgeous outfits, but I just think gosh I'd freeze if I wore that haha. Your hair looks lovely too btw :) xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I know what you mean. It is too cold to go bare legged! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh I can't wait for the features posts Ive recently gotten back into reading I'm looking for some new reads. Love your outfit here and I think your right the textured wall looks super arty haha I think my mum would be the same lol x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha she wasn't mad in the end just found it funny. Great to hear your in support of the Book Club Feature x

      Delete
  4. Love the idea you had to take pictures in this setting! The book club feature really sounds great too, maybe doing some guest posts of peoples reviews on novels too.

    http://colourfulsins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Zara! Some of my wardrobe favs are from there.

    Http://www.lululovesfilms.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is awesome! You're so stunning! Love the outfit! Looks comfy and cozy!
    Keep it up girl<3
    Http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice top. Your hair color is a show stealer!

    I've just followed your blog! I would be more than happy to see you on my list as well.

    xoxo
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I thought my colour was pretty run of the mill so cheers for the compliment. I shall check out your blog x

      Delete
  8. Fabulous outfit, that jumper looks so cosy! Your hair looks lovely like this also!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting love books! Currently starting on the Fault In Our Stars. The texture on the walls is cool, glad you took the opportunity. Your outfit looks cool against the background. :))

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear people are excited about the book club feature posts. Will be working on one of those today!

      Delete
  10. You are so gorgeous! This looks is so great, love the roll neck particularly, especially whilst it's still so cold! X Emma


    http://www.missemmacharlotte.com/

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig