Tuesday 4 March 2014

March Monthly Musings


Welcome to the first instalment of my Monthly Musings Features Post. The idea to dedicate at least one post a month to ramblings, thoughts and hopes was down to the fact that I am a very philosophical person at heart and that this transition from University to adulthood is such a momentous and turbulent period of my life that I feel the need to explore it. Hopefully, some readers will either be joining me on such a movement or about to or even may be you have done it all and are happily settled on the other side some years' later. I would love for these sorts of posts to not just be a one-sided monologue but more of a conversion where you guys can ask questions or offer up some wisdom and guidance during this journey I am embarking upon. 

This Monthly Musings is all about the urge to nest. When I say nest I don’t mean make babies. That is another post way into the future. I mean finding a place I can call my own and making it my own through design. Anyone who is creative revels in the idea of interiors. I used to want to be an interior designer, heck I still do but as a vocation rather than a career.

The thought of taking a blank or worn out space and making it beautiful is something I yearn for. I would love to have the opportunity to do up somewhere, using upcycling, antiques and modern bargains to bring a house to life and hopefully, add value. I see interiors as an extension of our personalities and a chance to get artistic and resourceful.

What is difficult is having that passion and longing for such an experience but knowing you’re so far from ever being able to make it a reality. So, for now I torment myself by looking at photographs of interior design ideas I would like to emulate in my imaginary home. The images are from a whole spectrum of sources, none my own. But most from one of my favourite blogs A Beautiful Mess and Cupcakes and Cashmere. So, I apologise for the lack of credits in advance.

On a positive my Mum has been doing some D.I.Y recently and I have been helping out with little projects and the next being the bathroom is something I am enjoying taking part in. If I can at all I shall document the before and after refurbishment for all you fellow interior lovers. Do you guys fantasise about putting your mark on a place of your own one day? Or have you already done so and become addicted to home improvements?

7 comments :

  1. Love it!
    Want to follow eachother on blogger and blogovin? Follow me and let me know so I can follow back;)

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actua;lly do..looking forward to moving out and creatively designing my own space

    love your blog...wanna follow one another? let me know

    www.mystyleorgy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the day I can decorate! For now I'm sticking with pictures on Pinterest haha. Lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I went through a Pinterest phase but has to take some time out was eating up hours of my time! xx

      Delete
  4. I totally know what you mean about the yearning to create things or start projects!!
    I have so many dreams and desire but it's so far out of my reach :(!
    Don't worry Hollie, we'll both get there :p!!
    Good luck

    Http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I know it will it is just I am so impatient! Thank you x

      Delete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig