Tuesday 1 April 2014

Darker Locks and Persun Prints



I was in desperate need of dyeing my hair and in such times I head to the colourants aisle in Boots. Dyeing my own hair is something I have been doing off and on for years' now. Has it ever gone terribly wrong? Yes, yes it has. But has that stopped me? No. When it has gone right throughout the years' I have been black and I have been light brown, I have had dip dyed tresses and even deep red. But right now I opt for warm dark brunette with subtle highlights. 

About the Hair
I am always overwhelmed by the choices of colour on offer and it takes me (quote boyfriend) 'annoyingly' about half an hour to make a decision. This time around I went for Nice'n'Easy by Clairol. After tweeting the first box dubbed 'Natural Dark Caramel Brown' I was informed how harsh such a brand is to use on your hair. I was a little scared about this revelation but as someone who hates wasting their money I committed anyhow. I didn't want my hair to turn out too dark so decided to mix in with another box called 'Natural Medium Golden Brown'. Mixing different shades is something hairdressers do all the time so doing the same at home is fine too! Just make sure you stay in the same colour zone (no mixing blonde with black) and that the formulas are the same (don't mix a foam with a mask). The highlights were done by my Brother's Partner who is a hairdresser. They are only slight but definitely add movement and dimension to the colour. 

About the Look
So, enough about the hair (let's face it, it isn't a miraculous change) and now on to my outfit. I can't believe how bold and colourful I have gone here. Normally I clutch to my dark colour palette like a baby with their dummy but in awe of Spring I decided to drop the comfort blanket and step into the unknown. This is probably the first time I have done (nearly) head-to-toe colour. What inspired it? This absolutely stunning *geometric graffiti chiffon shirt by Persun. I got it in a size medium as they warn customers about their small sizes when ordering and I think it fits pretty perfectly. There are so many ways you could wear this shirt and I have been loving experimenting. Apart from tucking into skirts like this blue number from Other Stories I have been teaming it with skinnies and a blazer with the buttons done all the way to the top. So I am sure you will be seeing a lot more of me in this item. I have another piece from Persun that I will be unveiling tomorrow so watch out for that! So, thank you Persun for gifting me such a beautiful Spring-ready garment! And don't ask about those shoes because they demand an entire post dedicated to their greatness. Do you ditch black for colour in Spring?

6 comments :

  1. Your hair looks amazing - very glossy and gorgeous color on you :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair and you shirt!

    X Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair looks so nice! And I love the colour of your skirt.
    Beauty as always!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hair & shirt

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks amazing!!!

    http://tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I just love your hair it looks super pretty <3 I also like the outfit very classy xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig