Saturday 5 April 2014

One Fabulous, One Fine and One Flop!


Clippity clop, clippity clop! I'm at the horses today! Yes, I am living it up in one of the private boxes at Aintree watching the Grand National. The reason is actually down to sad circumstances. It is my poorly Granddad's wish to attend and using his savings he has paid for the whole family to go with him in style. So, I will be tweeting and instagraming throughout the day (hopefully I might get some winnings)! And will undoubtedly try to get some look-post-worthy photographs for the blog too! But in the meantime here are some recent beauty buys and my verdicts.

The Fine One Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water: After running out of my makeup remover I wanted to try something new that didn't bust the bank. So, I decided to see what all the fuss was about and try the new cleansing water from Garnier. And after trying I have to say I am a little bit confused about all the hype. Apart from the fact you get a decent amount of product for just shy of a fiver there isn't much to sing and dance about. I found it didn't do the best job at removing my makeup compared to other similar products that I have tried. I thinks this comes down to the water formula which lacks in oil - something which is normally there to dissolve away makeup. I do like how light this feels on the skin and how neutral it is in pretty much all aspects. Unlike many other makeup removers you don't have to wash away residue which saves time. But for eye makeup it takes quite a lot of scrubbing to get every ounce of product off. I can see this being a great backup makeup remover for when you run out of the good stuff and need a cheap one to keep you going in the meantime. Its generous size means it will last a long while so, for the money it is great. But as far as makeup removers go it doesn't quite go the extra mile.

The Flop  Superdrug Superberry Mud Mask: I love face masks. There is something so refreshing and feel-good endorsing about applying them and revealing healthier skin underneath. I think they are one of the cheapest and quickest ways of getting instant radiance and smoothness into the face. Like my makeup remover I needed something that was a bit of a bargain so, I opted to try Superdrug's own brand of masks. I was drawn to the superberry mud mask down to its inclusion of natural ruby fruit and promise for a radiant complexion. The mask itself however, is a bit of a funny one. Where the mud part came from I'm not quite sure because this is more like a creamy exfloliator. It has berry seeds which effectively buff away dead skin but not matter how long you leave the product on your face it doesn't set like a normal mask does. Also, my skin was alarmingly pink and blotchy after using it! Something I was unsure was a result of the exfoliating or whether my skin just simply doesn't agree with it. Which is a shame because I like the smell and consistency as a general face exfoliator. So, sorry Superdrug rashes and a product not actually fulfilling its title is a no, no. 

The Fabulous Schwarzkopf Essence ULTÎME Diamond Color Intensive Mask: Finally, with post dyed tresses I needed a colour protect hair mask to use weekly to keep my locks looking rich and feeling soft. I decided to try out Claudia Schiffer's and Schwarzkopf's colour intense hair mask as the motifs surrounding this product just hooked me in. Being a marketer you'd think I wouldn't fall so easily for copywriting but reading this label left it irresistible to me. They had me at 'dazzling luminosity' frankly but the goods just kept on coming. This reasonably priced product includes pearl essence in a diamond gloss serum and UV filters to protect hair. Made for coloured or highlighted hair (and it doesn't need to be Schiffer's enviable blonde strands) it aims to keep colour looking vibrant and lasting longer. It says to leave the cream on for only a minute but with dryer hair I left mine on for five. I left my hair to dry naturally feeling it was abused by heat of late and was impressed by the fullness and shine of my barnet. I think it makes a real difference in the quality of my hair and I noticed that my split ends looks hydrated and sleeker, my condition seemed improved and somehow overall thicker too. I can't say much on whether it has retained my colour as it is too early to tell but I shall update in a month's time when my colour normally begins to lighten and loose its lustre. 


6 comments :

  1. Hello Hollie!

    I'll keep up with your instagram posts, but I'm sorry about your grandad! However I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with your family and I'm sure that will make him the happiest man.

    About the products, I personally love the garnier micellar water - probably because I was already using a cheap product before? - and it works perfectly fine with me. I agree with the eye make up though, I need to keep at it on my eyes to take everything off!
    No idea about the mask but sorry it didn't work for you :( and I personally love Schwarzkopf so I'd definitely try that mask!!

    PS. Just voted for you :) x

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is a lotta love for the makeup remover. Which I understand, even my best friend was eyeing it up at my house! Thanks for commenting ;D

      Delete
  2. Hey! I've got the Superdrug Aloe Vera mud mask which does actually set like a mask and makes my skin super soft, but it does the exact same thing as yours did with the pink blotchy skin! I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one haha! Beth xxx

    http://doodleanddaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely love the sound of the Schwarzkopf hair mask, I have been using all their new hair shampoo and conditioner so this would be a nice addition. Shame you didn't find the Garnier Micellar water that effective, I've found it to be amazing alongside a seperate eye remover.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig