Sunday 6 April 2014

The Grand National 2014






I want to keep this short and sweet and just say how much of a nice day I had at the Grand National with my family. It was a wish my Granddad had always wanted to fulfil and Saturday 5th April we all got together to make it a reality. We were spoilt to lovely food, an open bar of full of champagne and wine, a lovely private box and great surroundings. We enjoyed cheering on the horses throughout the races on the balcony rubbing shoulders with the likes of the Hollyoaks cast and Paddy Mcguinness. Some won money and others didn't, me being the latter. But the day was about getting dressed up (wish I had worn a fascinator now) and celebrating my Granddad's life and his 50th wedding anniversary with my dear Nan. Did you follow the races? Win anything?

10 comments :

  1. What a wonderful day, you looked wonderful. I only won £3 but I'm happy :)
    www.absie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely :) I didn't win anything sadly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't follow the races but looks like an interesting event to attend. I'm glad you had such a familiar day! You looked great! x

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award as I love reading your blog! Here's the link: http://www.beautypie.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    Zoe xx
    beautypie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress. Looks like so much fun. you're gorgeous!

    http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig