Friday 30 May 2014

Home Sanctuary: Interiors Edition



This is such a long overdue post but for those interior lovers out there a few weeks back I enjoyed some D.I.Y home decorating with the family for a couple of rooms at my Mum's. I did a room tour video here on my YouTube channel for my updated décor there but this post is all about our brand spanking new bathroom.

We wanted something warm and inviting so went for purple accents against the bright white suite with chrome details. I think it works really well at making the small space seem more indulgent and modern. Candles and fresh flowers are always nice touches to any room but for me make a bathroom especially sing relaxation. The stripy blind elongates the room making it appear wider and when complete there will be a large painting and mirror to liven up the walls. The wooden furniture was from Ikea and the suite from Wicks. As for the 'special' towels that my Mum insists are for show (and the mat which you can't see) they were from Next. 

It has certainly been a group effort with my Mum's friend and my Brother installing the suite, Me and my partner and Mum stripping wallpaper and painting. But the end is near and I think we did a pretty decent job. Have you been decorating recently?

6 comments :

  1. That looks amazing! Love those colours. What a change!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so great, Holly! I kind of wish it was my own bathroom - although mine still keeps some sort of greek style with tiles and stuff. ^^ I like the purple colour, suits very well the bathroom!
    Lately I've been trying to redecorate my room but it's quiiiiite hard. I need room inspiration, I'm not sure how I want my room to look like yet, agh. xxx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks gorgeous! I love the colours. It's clean, warm, modern and inviting.

    www.lululovesfilms.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is beautiful!! wish my home bathroom looked like this haha!! very pretty and I love the colour combination :) I really enjoyed the youtube video and you should stick at it, you look incredible!! xx xx

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks beautiful! i like the colours that you used x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a nice bathroom! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig