Friday 23 May 2014

Straight Up Glad Rags



I am a gal who loves her stripes and you know what they say; a zebra never changes their stripes and all that... so I guess it will be a lifelong lover affair after all. If you aren't so enamored by the line print then this might not be your thang because this my darlings is stripes on steroids. But for me it is a whole lot of dress to love. 


It is the Jenny Dress* from jones + jones - a brand you may have come across within the likes of Topshop - that has given my wardrobe a princess touch. With its net-trimmed petticoat skirt signature to the feminine label and cinched in waist it doesn't hold back in the fun and flirty arena. As someone who doesn't shy away from girly indulgences I feel I can embrace its modern-vintage silhouette and pattern but for those who prefer their garments with less drama the brand have many other frocks to get you fixed. I fell for numerous pieces, including the Ella Playsuit which I think I'd give my left arm for - not literally but you get the meaning.

But fancies aside this is a company with values I respect. jones + jones is proud to support British manufacturing by designing and producing all our products right here in the UK and they also make great efforts to source all their fabrics here too. I adore how they keep things small and local within their team based in London, putting their heritage birth land first with a boutique in the Spitalfields market. So, If you need a pick-me-up piece with a distinct difference then jones + jones will hook you up!

8 comments :

  1. I absolutely adore your dress. Jones & Jones are such a great place to get cute dresses from. I am always browsing their website to see what beauties I can find! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia, love that you love jones + jones! Thanks for your comment X

      Delete
  2. It's a powerful look - the last picture, the pose, reminds me of a super heroine for some reason. It's like "here I am, dressed fab, about to kick your ass". I love the dress! And it's such a great dress. I also fancy those wedges aaaaaa lot!!

    PS. I start uni in Sheffield by September 29th although we have a welcoming week before so ERASMUS students get used to it! xxx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cristina, Wow what a comment! Haha I will keep this attitude in mind when rocking this dress ;)

      Also not long until you come to England! I'm still working on a post to showcase some of Sheffield's best bits but it is taking ages to accumulate photographs and I actually accidentally deleted some too! But when it is live I'll be sure to let you know X

      Delete
  3. You definitely look stunning! Loving your shoes and dress <33

    http://trend-mae;blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful dress - loving your shoes too!

    http://journeysthroughmeadows.com

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig