Monday 30 June 2014

The Only Red You'll Ever Need


All hail the ultimate red lipstick by who else but the high-end cosmetics legend that is Chanel. With huge thanks to Ellis for bringing this beaut into my life, I now have the pleasure of swiping this all singing all dancing lippy onto my face whenever I feel like it. And the urge takes over quite often. Let me introduce you to Chanel Rouge Allure in 97 Incandescente - the only red you'll ever need. 

It is everything you'd hope for in a red lipstick. It isn't too shiny or glossy instead it has a satin, velvety finish that oozes sophistication. The colour has a flattering warm undertone which brightens and sets off your natural skin tone. The pigmentation isn't too intense meaning you can feel comfortable wearing this lightly in the day whilst building up the layers to a more intense colour saturation for the night. The formula doesn't dry your lips out which is probably down to the fact it isn't quite matte but the hydration doesn't leave you reapplying countless times a day as with other lipsticks. This one can be lightly applied and built up to leave a constant stain on the lips that doesn't bleed and lasts for hours. It may bare a price tag that would make your eyes water a little but I'd much rather invest knowing I'm getting incredible quality and predictable results rather than waste pounds on not so great cheaper alternatives. 

So if your searching for a new red lipstick, I've made that a whole lot easier for you. As with Incandescente the search really is over.

2 comments :

  1. Ahhh!!!

    This looks so much like my Rouge Allure 14 in Passion! Yours is definitely brighter, though, what a gorgeous shade!! I also love tha it has that kind of finish ^_^xxx

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig