Saturday 5 July 2014

Neon Glamorous Workwear // M&S Collaboration



Photographer: Georgina Martin // Stylist: Myself // *Dress & Bag: Marks & Spencer

I was extremely lucky to be contacted by M&S and asked to choose some pieces from their latest collections in honour of some specific trends. Of course I was more than happy to comply and decided to coincide the look with workwear as I will be joining the marketing team at Liz Earle in London very soon! With that in mind I knew I had to pick pieces which would stand out of my wardrobe and make a great first impression. 

There were many trends of the season to choose to emulate from floral, abstract prints to one of my current favourites white-out. But as someone who struggles with wearing colour I wanted to catapult out of my comfort zone and tap into the neon/colour-block trend. I chose this beautiful Neon yellow A-line pleated skater dress as I loved its simple yet impacting design. I especially like the small details such as the angular deep set neck line around the armholes. It looks and feels structured without compromising on femininity and comfort also the length means it can be worn with peace of mind. To give it a more casual twist I paired it with a thin brown plaited belt which also emphasises the cinched in waist that this dress delivers. 

I also chose the Grey Winged Tote Bag to go against the dress and like how it's soft and light hue contrasts against the bright and bold yellow of the skater dress. As this was a look which could easily be transferable from the office to the evening I opted to add some small heeled sandals into the mix which I feel really sets off a summer vibe. It would look equally as cute with flat loafers for the day or could be updated for a night out with stilettos and a statement necklace. Making this a very versatile little dress. As for the bag well since this photo-shoot it hasn't left my side and goes with every outfit I've worn, proving to be a roomy, practical yet stylish piece of arm candy. Perfect for life in the capital.

With special thanks to Georgina for taking these snaps and adding some serious quality content to my blog and as I model for a friend's brand too there will be more of Georgina's photography of me to be sported on Give Me More very soon! Life is going to be changing massively due to the move South and you can look forward to more lifestyle posts about my journey and experience. So, make sure to keep checking in :)

6 comments :

  1. I love the contrast that the bag gives to the dress! Really pretty :)
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky that you got sent that amazing dress and bag! You look so sophisticated - as usually - and the yellow dress is just so dreamy, you remind me of an actress!

    Cristina xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D thank you Cristina, lovely comment as usual! X

      Delete
  3. Firstly, congratulations on the job! Looking forward to seeing more London related posts, and although I imagine the move will be scary, it will be exciting at the same time! You look really sophisticated and the yellow suits you so well. Gorgeous as always! xx

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah!! :D lovely words, made me smile xxx

      Delete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig