Tuesday 28 January 2014

M&S Lingerie Review




I have a serious underwear obsession. I have to have matching underwear which means I normally stick to colours like black, white, nude and cream so I always have bottoms that can go together. But I have a few sets that break that mould and are pink, gold/bronze and purple. I also tend to be drawn to lacey, femine fabrics but always long for full-support and enhancing qualities. Lately I have really struggled to find some new bra sets that offer everything I want for a reasonable price, without lacking in quality! I thought I might have hit the jackpot with an Intimissimi purchase but unfortunately for numerous reasons you can find on my Intimissimi review post, it didn't live up to my expectations. So, I went to Boux Avenue, somewhere I have bought some lovely pieces from before and thought I had found a padded bra with lace to solve my dilemma but after wearing it, I ended up returning it. For some reason the lace trim rubbed my skin raw and really irritated my skin! I tried Ann Summers but found the styles I liked either had too much padding or none at all, and I don't know what other people think but I don't think the quality of their lingerie is always the best. Since La Senza went into stand alone stores I have found the stock really brash and boisterous - colours that are too bold and too much frills and fanciful features for my tastes. Finally, I found my ultimate bra set in Victoria Secret. I had never worn a bra more comfortable or well-made and it was extremely sexy and flattering too. But I wasn't about to drop over £50 on a lingerie set. So, that left me wondering where to turn. I had never bought underwear from M&S before but thought I would just give their stock a browse. I was so happy when I came across this tasteful lightly padded bra with gorgeous floral embroidery. And for £16 you don't just get one bra but 2. One in a royal blue and the other in a bright white. Paired with a duo pack in the same colours the matching thongs were only £9.50. So, for two beautiful sets I only parted with £25.50! 

Where do you normally shop for your underwear? And do you often find it hard buying the perfect pair?

13 comments :

  1. Looks gorgeous and elegant!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I did when I opened your blog was say 'ooooh' haha, my work collegue looked at me like I was Nutty! Lovely undies my love! I want some new stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these! They are the best and so cute xxx lollyhugz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theyre gorgeous!! I always get new bras but never get sets. I should do it more!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been spying this set from M&S for agggges! Because I have quite a large bust I can't seem to find bras that are in my size, or if they are in my size they don't actually fit well. Ann Summers bras just do not suit my shape at all. M&S is the only place where they provide quality and are true to size!

    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, M&S have some lovely underwear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had exactly the same problem with you about lingerie. My mum suggested M&S to me, i was so surprised to find pretty underwear that fitted well and such good value compared to other lingerie stores. I now buy all my underwear from M&S.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi guys thanks for you comments so far! I normally make time to personally reply / comment on people's blogs when they comment on mine but I have been ill and too busy preparing for interviews! So, I promise to get back on the blogging ball soon :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah yes, i have that same obsession. sucks sometimes though.
    +1 new follower!

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I waaant it!
    v-is-for-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig