Saturday 22 February 2014

Bareminerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation Review






When I saw a voucher for a free sample of Bareminerals Foundation on their Facebook page I knew it was the perfect opportunity to finally try this much hyped beauty product. I was given the shade R250 - I have no idea what such letters and numbers mean but trusted the sales assistant and went home with a rather cute compact Bareminerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation in R250 and miniature brush. The likes of which you can find here. Initially, I took one look at the small brush and thought it would take forever to apply the foundation to my face with it but to give a true review on the sample I wanted to try. 

So, I woke up barefaced, applied my moisturiser and waited for it to sink in whilst I looked at the application techniques online. With those in mind I pressed the brush into the foundation and just dabbled it a few times, not swirled. Then in a swift and circular motion I began applying to my face in sections. On the first all over application I was a little disappointed and unimpressed. You could see my imperfections clearly through the formula and it felt like I didn't look much different at all. But this product is all about building to a coverage for your skin. So, on the second all over application I saw a vast improvement. My skin looked almost airbrushed, fine lines around my eyes and mouth were significantly reduced - better than most concealers cover - and my skin looked even toned and flawless. 

I went in with a final application on specific areas like my chin where I have spot scars and looked back in awe. Yes it is a little too matte for my liking but I had to agree it looked like my skin but better. Natural and breathable. It took almost no time at all and that was with the small brush! Far quicker than liquid foundation so, I am sure with their larger brushes application is second to none. I was also impressed at how long lasting it was. The product would need touching up say if you was going out in the evening and had applied it in the morning but overall it stayed looking and feeling great all day long. Unlike its loose formula this one has almost no mess too and the added SPF makes it ideal for the summer. 

I would certainly invest in this product, may be not as my special foundation as I think that realm will always be awarded to a dewy liquid foundation. But for everyday or a weekend fuss free alternative it is the ideal foundation. Make sure to pick up your sample before this offer ends in April!

13 comments :

  1. You look flawless! Beautiful makeup Hollie.

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your make up looks flawless like you say you look airbrushed I quite like that this is build able too can create the coverage you desire on good skin days could wear less think I need to get myself to a BM counter :) x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very sweet! I agree, it is definitely something you can tailor to different skin types x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous as ever, very natural and soft. I love it x


    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks absolutely gorgeous! That lip colour looks great on you too!

    www.makingmeblushblog.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great, I love your eyes!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hollie, glad you tried bm ready and liked it :) You look flawless!! Try it over a bb cream with a big fluffy brush, its gorgeous that way if you've got really dry skin. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am glad a tried it! That sounds like a great idea layering it over a BB Cream, even though I don't have dry skin it sounds like a great way of getting quicker coverage :)
      Thanks for dropping by x

      Delete
  7. Hottie alert! You look amazing and your skin is glowing!

    xx Alyson
    Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use bareMinerals, it's definitely one of my favourite foundations!

    Emma
    thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig