Tuesday 25 February 2014

Hair Salvation from Bumble&Bumble and TRESemmé




I'm all about the volume. The bigger the better is my motto when it comes to my tresses. In fact I would go as far as to say I have a little hair lift OCD. Back combing is my secret weapon and this should-be-occasional hair process is part of my everyday routine. Somehow years' of back combing hasn't left my hair thinning or breaking. It is in pretty good nick. Thank god right? But I can't forever keep treating my hair to such damaging ways of getting that much loved puffiness into my locks. So, more than ever I am on the hunt for products to help create the same shape without the need for excessive back combing! 

I've heard many a good thing about these two hair products. Since raving about the Bumble&Bumble Thickening Hairspray I wanted to buy their Prep Styling Lotion to work under this product and help amplify its performance - according to the website. But with more research I ended up going for their Bumble&Bumble Tonic Lotion as it is specially formulated for dry and colour treated hair - my exact hair description. This wonder product works as a sort of BB cream for the barnet. It works as a detangler (something I really need with long hair), is full of natural ingredients which promote the hair's overall condition and health as well as helping to work with other Bumble&Bumble products by optimising their potential. For £16 it is one of their cheaper products too! Now this little bottle of goodness is wonderful! It smells like peppermint - but not just that, it is a mix of floral notes too which make for a refreshing and invigorating experience. My hair absolutely was larger than life and easier to style when layered with the Bumble&Bumble Thickening Hairspray compared to when I have not used these products together. It left my hair looking shiny, healthy and bouncy - even my boyfriend commented on how nice his room smelt after I used this product. So, it is a massive thumbs up from me and I will see if my hair's condition improves (apparently your hair can grow quicker with this too) so I'll get back to you on that. 

The TRESemmé Divine Definition Spray is a bit of a dupe for the Bumble&Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish  according to the beauty bloggers on the net and so, I couldn't hear a statement like that and pass it up - especially at just shy of £6. I really enjoy using this aerated product. It smells almost orangey to me, really fruity. The formula is a dense controlled spray which blows hair outward with force. It separates hair, something I think works best on waves and curls, and in doing so makes the ends of the hair look more full. I can always get fullness at the top of my hair but the bottom can sometimes be more difficult so this is great for me. I also like how it doesn't dry the hair out like dry shampoo does. You can easily use this on hair for a couple of days without the need to wash. It freshens up hair without weighing it down and leaving a chalky or sticky residue. Oh and no static! So, rush down and stock up. I want to try out more of their Texture Style range based on this pleasant thang. Thank you Bumble&Bumble and TRESemmé for helping make great hair days that whole lot easier.

9 comments :

  1. I've been using the brand TRESemme for a while now and I absolutely love it! Great post! :) xx

    tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gone through stages with TRESemme but I think this new range has reignited an old flame... thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. The tresemme spray sounds really good. My hair is always really flat and volume is definitely the thing I am after. Thanks for the review!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. tresemme and bumble and bumble are my go to hair products for volume. i also use the tresemme mousse for an extra boost and texture.

    hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know! I shall try their mousse :)

      Delete
  4. I'm following you! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tresemmé, I'm probably their biggest fan although I tend to use other shampoos since I live with my family and they their bottles don't last over a week! -_- HAHAHA! I haven't tried bumble and bumble I doubt we can find that in Spain sadly! I love your hair and how good it looks! :)

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am mixed on the shampoo and conditioner, sometimes it leaves me hair looking great but I think it strips colour fast which is probably down to the sulphates in it. Glad you like my hair! Bumble&Bumble might have international shipping through their website? x

      Delete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig