Saturday 26 April 2014

Lather and Rinse


Is it a little sad to get so excited about soap? Maybe but when it is soap as beautifully packaged and scented as these I think it's only natural to get a little over the top. These babies make up the last of my & Other Stories splurge and I may have saved the best until last. As someone who prides themselves on bath lovin' the only thing that would make this purchase better would be bath oil and candles - which I think Stories should totally be already doing. 

The first is a hand soap called Punk Bouquet which for some reason just makes me think of Keeping Up Appearances; it is pronounced Mrs Bucket darling, the t is silent. No, only me? Okay then. If you think I've gone off on a mad one just take the time to youtube it. Anyhow back to this larvley soap. The smell is a concoction of - and I quote - 'Tiger orchid and dewy lotus flower entwined with nutty almond and sweet tonka beans, overgrown by tree moss and topped with a splash of tangerine'. Can you see why I bought it? How sensational does that sound. It looks the part sat atop my Mother's new bathroom sink and gifts washing customers with a rather luxurious hand cleaning experience. Plus I love the peachy pink colour of the formula.

The next and best soap purchase was the Secret Haven Body Wash. Now if you thought the first one sounded good prepare yourself for this aroma extravaganza. 'Tangy peach and dreamy coconut meet a garden of peonies, lilacs, and dewy violets, with base notes of relaxed sandalwood, vanilla, and soft musk.' Sigh. If I could only wash myself in one thing all my life it would be this body wash. The scent is so relaxing and warming. I am seriously digging the hand written print label too which looks very feminine sat on the edge of the bath. If I haven't managed to make you go gaga for these products just take a gander at their soaps yourself and then at their prices. Such variety and quality for few pounds. Next on the hit-list is their body scrubs and hand moisturisers. Have you tried Stories body and hand washes yet? What are your favourite soaps to use?

7 comments :

  1. I love the & Other Stories body range, the fig smells like summer in a bottle. Might try the Secret Haven next time.

    Chloe x
    www.chloeandhernotes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried that one but sounds lovely x

      Delete
  2. Love the packaging, i never heard about the brand before i'm tempted to search more about it! If possible try your suggestions xx
    http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I've never tried them but I want to now!

    http://tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sad at all ;) I love different fragrances and smells... lavender is definitely luscious. I also have a tendency to really enjoy honeysuckle too...

    Check out my move review about Sherlock: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/sherlock-holmes-game-of-shadows.html

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig