Thursday 24 April 2014

Stories Shopping Spree


It's a good job I don't live in London because if I did I would be seriously in debt thanks to binge shopping in & Other Stories. I have been following this brand's inception into the world ever since they released their first conceptual teaser video. I adore the story themed collections, snippets of behind the scenes and sense of authenticity surrounding the brand. It has a hand-made yet modern approach and visualisation which draws me in like a moth to a flame. So, I have to be very careful to limit my browsing of their online store. But when a certain Easter Treat email popped up in my inbox informing me of a free gift with every purchase I just had to make an order didn't I! And these are some of the bits and pieces I bought as well as my free gorgeous gift. 

I have been searching high and low for a white nail polish with a hint of colour to beautify and modernise my tips. I love the way light colours look on nails but getting the right shade is so important. Too white and things look seemingly D.I.Y tipp-ex and too much colour the white illusion is no longer apparent. Finally, I found a lovely white shade in the Other Stories mountain of nail lacquers and this one comes with a pale mint green hue called Moire Green "Green Neon". I was also lusting after the vanishes with a touch of yellow but they were yet to come into stock! But regardless, I am super happy with my purchase. You need three to four layers of this thin but creamy polish to get maximum pigmentation but the outcome is beautifully contemporary and spring ready. 

I just can't seem to stop buying coral lipsticks and so naturally this led to selecting an orange lippy from the stack at Other Stories. I chose the Burdet Orange "Reddish Orange" Light shade and have been loving wearing it on my lips. It is a highly rich and pigmented formula which feels soft and hydrating on the lip. The shade is bold yet wearable and warms the complexion without being too deep. It can be swept on for ultimate colour drama or subtly dabbled for a stain like effect. It's slippery texture doesn't bleed but does transfer onto glasses easily when drinking so the lasting power isn't the best but good enough. For me this is up there with my favourite spring lipsticks so it is safe to say you'll be seeing a lot more of me in this baby. 

With my purchases I got to choose one complimentary sample and one Easter Treat. For the sample I went for the Cotton Care Winceyette Shower Cream which is a beautiful soothing and fresh smelling body wash. I got really excited when I saw bags available for the Easter Treat as I have been wanting a travel makeup bag for sometime now. I opted for the Lime / Lemon Leather Pouch which should have been £25 and I have been thoroughly enjoying using it. The real leather fabric makes it durable and luxurious but my favourite aspect is its summery bright pop of colour. It fits capsule cosmetics perfectly and as it is so thin and nifty it takes up minimal room in your handbag. Plus you can always use it as a small clutch for meals out too! So, it has been a pleasant shopping spree at Stories.com and I shall reveal a couple more items I bought in a future post! For now make sure to check out my updated Youtube channel here and you can follow my twitter and facebook here and here too. Thanks to all who are already subscribed, it means the world!

2 comments :

  1. Love the nail polish it looks great! I bet the lipstick will look amazing too you always wear them well

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig