Wednesday 14 May 2014

Gold Gems, Turquoise Things & Other Stories



Yesterday I focused on the pieces of jewellery I own which mean a lot to me. Not to say today's items are a flash in the pan and will be easily discarded - I plan on keeping these for a very long time too. But they aren't as expensive or sentimental and if I did loose or break any, they are more easily replaceable. They are known as 'costume' jewellery, a term I don't really like as it reminds me of cheap and tacky things I once wore as a child. Things are far more sophisticated and well made now but all are fake silver or gold. Most are no longer available so, if you love them too like me I apologise that you can't go ahead and purchase them directly from my site! But they give you a good idea of my tastes and provide a bit of adornment inspiration if you are feeling like bringing out the bling this spring. You'll see a running theme of gold metal, greeny blue tones and abstract shapes. 

& Other Stories: The Other Stories jewellery stash is obscenely perfect for the modern woman. Simple, unique and affordable make this brand high up there for daywear details. These large turquise stoned earings are damn perdy. I also love my statement geometric ring and matte metal chain bracelet. Depending on my mood I can glam out a look by throwing them all on or keep things more retrained by wearing just a single piece. 

Urban Outfitters: The evil eye, it is said to keep harm at bay but I didn't buy it for its magical powers. I was drawn to its delicate, short chain and dainty pendent. It brings a bit of quiet detailing to a simple outfit when you don't feel like drawing attention with your jewellery. And it also looks very cute when layered with other tiny chains. 

Beautiful Things: There is a picture of me wearing this Charleston Bib Necklace here, if you want to see this piece in person. I was kindly gifted this statement necklace and whenever I put on something that looks a bit boring I will more often than not reach for this colourful neck art to add interest to the look. I adore the floral geometric shapes and spring pastoral colours that are the epitome of sunshine. 

Collard Manson: A fashion haunt I thought was once independent to Sheffield until I found it in Nottingham. This small, antique-like shop is full to the brim with treasures and trinkets. I fell for these faux gold earings that look like layered bars. They add a hint of glimmer when shown subtly through flowing locks and I always get compliments when wearing them which is always nice. But if I could I'd pretty much own every single piece of jewellery in the Manson stock. Maybe one day.

Kurt Geiger: Not an obvious place to buy jewellery from but this silver and nudey thread bracelet is a chunky wrist piece that looks great stacked with other bracelets or a watch. It reminds me of friendship bracelets and its neutral colour palette goes really well with my Pandora charm bracelet. I'll be sure to do a style post showing you just how great!

Topshop: Topshop is a haven for jewellery lovers but for me only the rare few shine through. I fell for this huge oval turquoise setting. It's narrow yet long fit looks very flattering on the hand and with very small hands anything that elongates my fingers is a blessing! The only snag is that it leaves an annoying green stain. Still for every now and again I enjoy rocking this statement ring. 

The other remaining pieces are not as easily locatable. They don't belong to a brand or company - the gold patterned cuff was from a vintage shop and the faux silver ring with turquoise stone was from a stall on holiday in Barcelona. What are your favourite jewellery pieces? Do you plan on wearing more adornment this season?

3 comments :

  1. Amazing collection I really love those earrings :) they look great on you! You really have an eye for great accessories! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Urban Outfitters! They have some really cool stuff :D And all this jewellery really looks like it could work with some boho chic added to the mix ^.^ You sure do have a lot of jewellery as well (which reminds me it is about time I updated my own stock.)

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/5-singers-that-should-be-famous.html

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig