Tuesday 13 May 2014

Special, Sentimental Bling


With jewellery boxes overflowing I thought it would be appropriate to do a dual post on select items. The first being finer specimens either designer, silver or gold, then tomorrow costume jewellery I adore. Over the years' I have been gifted and bought for myself special pieces of jewellery that make up my precious collection. Each piece has a story behind it which makes them sentimental pieces I will never part with so, let me lift he lid on the tales of these adornments.

Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch: My partner bought me this watch for my 20th Birthday and for me it was such a luxury piece. I had been goggling over style pictures of women strutting the concrete curb with Michael Kors arm candy wanting to one day own my own. So when Tim gifted me the exact watch I craved I was so happy. Now it is firmly part of my everyday jewellery wear and where once I had no affinity for watches, now I love them!

Pandora Mother of Pearl Ring: Another gift from Tim that only rears its head on special occasions. This statement ring houses my birthstone and comes with a silver twisted band. I love the oversized glamorous stone and cut that makes me instantly feel feminine when slid on my finger. I remember Tim missing the delivery of this present and going with him jumping with excitement to the post office going to collect it. I couldn't wait to open the little white box and wear it but after peaking a look I had to wait until my birthday to have it which just added to the suspense. 

Black Onyx Silver Ring: This statement ring was a gift from my Dad for Christmas and it was on a day out at Castleton that we came upon it sparkling in a shop window. We were both attracted to its antique aesthetic and unique black stone. My Dad said if I liked it he would buy it for me which was very kind of him. I liked that we choose it together and that it was found on one of our excursions because it makes it that much more memorable. 

Pandora Silver Moonshine Pendent: This is yet another present from my boyfriend and I promise the last one in this edit. He wanted to buy me something before I moved to Nottingham for University. So, he led me hand in hand into Pandora and ask me to select something. He isn't loaded by the way just very romantic. So, I choose this long silver chain with moonshine pendent. I was attracted to its iridescent sheen and again keep this locked away until every now and again where I place it round my neck - and in doing so it makes wearing it that much more special. 

Tiffany&Co Silver Bracelet: Finally a piece I bought! I went to New York with University two years' ago and with the spending money I had I decided to treat myself to a slice of America. This delicate silver Tiffany&Co bracelet was the right amount of simple and elegant. I choose the heart pendent with inscribed 'Please Return To Tiffany&Co New York' as a subtle reminder of my travels. Sometimes I find out the infamous turquoise box and bag just stare in admiration. Evidently it doesn't take much to make me smile. Oops, Just a $100 dollars or so actually... 

Argento Stacking Rings: The newest items to my sentimental stash are these Argento silver stacking rings given to me by friends from University for my 21st. This was such a surprise of a gift and I am so thankful to have such nice friends! They were extra special down to it being a big milestone of a birthday and the end of our University adventure together. So, even when we are apart I can wear these look down and be reminded of our friendship. I have other stacking rings too and can interchange these with others to create different looks. Sometimes I will separate them and just wear the rings without settings for a more casual outfit - so as well as being sentimental, they are versatile too!

6 comments :

  1. So lovely, the stories behind each piece is great!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having sentimental jewellery it just makes that much more special and brings back memories each time you wear them! Love the stories behind yours and I especially love that Pandora ring, it is gorgeous! Your boy sure knows how to pick them! Lovely post!

    Chantalle xx
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chantalle! Thanks for your comment and the last line made my boyfriend smile :D Hollie X

      Delete
  3. I think it's awesome that all your jewellery has its own little story to tag along with it. Like you I wasn't one who liked watches until I got the one I have now. Now I absolutely adore them and have a harder time finding days to wear bracelets instead xD I love the bracelet too! So dainty ^.^

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/5-singers-that-should-be-famous.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one from my dad that we picked just like that too, a foot bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig