Monday 19 May 2014

Hair Health Heros


If you have been anything like me over the years' with your hair then I'm sure now you are giving it some much needed TLC. Bless, my tresses have been chopped, dyed, stripped, lightened, darkened and frazzled. As a lover of hair height I still take to back combing as part of my daily routine and heat as a styling tool has been a beloved method since I ditched the flower slides and puffy scrunchies. So, these days I am taking the time to give something back and treat my dry and slightly damaged locks. 

For me the A-team come in a surge of five hair warriors that help me bring life, nutrition and suppleness back to each and every strand. I'll start with washing - the laborious task that I quite honestly put off for as long as my hair will allow me. At this moment in time I have been using Wella SP Repair Shampoo which claims to restore damaged hair and protect from further damage whilst importantly for me removes daily impurities (such as product build-up). Special supplements like Hydrolysed Keratin and Wheat Germ Oil work to feed, nurture and calm the hair structure and smooths the hair cuticle to diminish the appearance of split ends. 

Next Schwarzkopf Essence ULTÎME Diamond Color Intensive Mask helps bring some intense nourishment and shine to my hair whilst locking in my colour. It smells classical and leaves my hair feeling super soft and tamed. Yes. Now hair is washed and ready to dry I spray on layers of Bumble & Bumble Tonic Lotion which is my infamous weapon in hair health. It has not only improved its condition and look but all those lovely natural botanicals and extracts have actually helped my hair to grow. Check out this post for all the dets. 

Before I whack out the blow dryer or straighteners I am making great strides in remembering to save my strands with heat protection. Right now the Toni&Guy Protein Protection Mist is my hero. Amazing coverage from heat but not only that its dispenser coats hair well and lets be frank the bottle looks the part too. It also conditions and detangles hair. For nasty fly aways and frizz I turn to serums like this Charles Worthington Straight and Smooth scented with red berries and vanilla bean it leaves an irresistible aroma as well as smoothing down hair cuticles. I don't leave the house without it. Hair health Sorted.

2 comments :

  1. I'm intrigued by the Bumble & Bumble Tonic Lotion, especially that it encourages hair to grow! I'll definitely need to look into it. The Charles Worthington Straight and Smooth serum sounds amazing too - I love the sound of a red berry and vanilla bean scent!

    I am trying to be kinder to my hair, although I do sometimes forget to use masks or heat protection - but it is nice when I've remembered to treat it well and even the hairdresser notices the improvement in condition.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bumble & Bumble tonic lotion is fab! Glad you liked the post :) and I agree with you about remembering to use heat protection. We all forget sometimes but it is important to try and remember! Thanks for commenting X

      Delete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig