Sunday 4 May 2014

Over The Hills: Dog Walk Attire, Sunshine Edition


I have thoroughly been enjoying fooling around with my new camera and getting to know the wonderful photography prowess of Canon. I invested in a EOS 600D and think it's the bees knees. My humble Panasonic Lumix has been gracing my blog since its inception and I have loved and appreciated all the help it has given me! But it was time to up the ante on the quality front.

Yesterday I spent most of the day lounging about on a field near my home in the sunshine with my partner and dog. Being in rural surroundings made for a perfect photo opportunity so Tim got to grips with the new love in my life and took these style shots of me. This is a very casual look for me but we wasn't doing anything other than relaxing so I just wanted to go for something comfortable. I absolutely adore this coral jumper from Topshop that began life longer than this. Since washing it has reduced in size slightly, annoying. But that doesn't stop me from wearing it. I teamed in with these Warehouse shorts which are the ideal length for me. Not too short that I feel a bit cheeky but not too long that I look frumpy. These simple Primark sneakers are my faux converse. They were appropriate for our dog walk and I think look really cute. My new sunglasses were from Next and have gold chain detailing on the arms that you can't quite see. I love how clearly you can see through them. Normally glasses are super dark which is great for intense beach sun glare but not necessary for day to day sun breakouts. 

For my makeup I revelled in testing out a Chanel Les Beiges All-In-One foundation sample in my Vogue issue. I couldn't believe how much glow it provided my skin with. I am obsessed with dewy foundations so loved this BB-like fluid that made skin look healthy and illuminated. But you certainly need to control things with powder to stop things looking almost greasy. However, it is safe to say I really enjoyed using it and am now very tempted to buy one or two items for Chanel's new cosmetics line. I paired the face with my beloved winged eyeliner and full lashes, complete with a subtle nude lip. So, okay maybe in the end this wasn't a super casual look but casual enough. Sometimes you just gotta add a bit of glamour! Are you having good weather this weekend? What have you been getting up to?

11 comments :

  1. You're so pretty ! :) ♥
    Love, xxx
    Lauraline

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely dressed down, beautiful figure! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bright the coral jumper is! And you look so gorgeous!

    http://k-olivia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new camera, Hollie! I'm a Nikon girl but the fuss is about Canon 600D now as it's what most bloggers have been using! Wonderful investment, I must say. I love the outfit, I'm glad you've been enjoying good weather over there! x

    www.defintelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All down to the swivel flip out screen that allows you to see yourself whilst filming. I got it for a steal against the RRP price on an Ebay auction. Nikon's are great cameras! I've just had my heart set on a Canon for years and finally saved up enough pennies to buy :) Thanks for your comment Cristina X

      Delete
  5. Love your blog! You really inspire me with your articles! Keep on! :) Do you have any tips for a good filmcamera for me? I dont really like vlogging with my iPhone... :/ X Eliza
    elizagerretsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig