Friday 20 June 2014

Summer Essentials Makeup Kit


Summer has barely begun and already clothing and cosmetic brands are beginning to introduce their A/W collections or at least show us what will be on sale soon in anticipation of the next season. I don't know about you but even though A/W is my preferred season the thought of even looking at such products and pieces now makes me frown. I have only just mastered my Summer Essentials let alone having to make mental lists for splurges I'm not going to make until several months from now. 

Now I know the British summer can suck. But I am excited for the summer makeover to begin. I'm talking ditching black for white, reaching for floaty shapes and lightweight fabrics and embracing colour, finally. My favourite makeup looks are those inspired by the sun which use sandy taupes and smouldering golds to create a beachy bronzed face. So, let me break down my ultimate cosmetic collection for the season of now.

It is all about more of a dewy finish which for me the YSL Touche Éclat Foundation in B50 has always been impressingly good at. It's light yet buildable coverage makes it ideal for the hot climate just make sure to use a SPF moisturiser or primer underneath as the quality is absent in this complexion staple. Next add some concealer that you know will be long lasting but not cakey, cue Nars Creamy Concealer in Custard with it's sheeny, light reflecting properties. Try to avoid the powder and use a bronzer to dim down the glow whilst adding definition and colour. I'm loving the Wild About Beauty Bronzer with its different variations of depth, perfect for contouring. If you feel like you still need more colour choose a pinky peach blush like my Chanel Jous Contraste Blush in Frivole, it delivers an even wash of coral flush as well as radiance. 

For the eyes you could keep things simple with some long and defined lashes with something like the Givenchy Phenomen`Eyes Mascara which delivers stunning jet black separation that actually stays hydrating all day meaning lashes don't dry up in the climate. If that isn't enough you could either choose to frame your lids with a sheer liner crayon like this Wild About Beauty Eyeshadow Pencil Duo in Annie. It's dual ended hues compliment each other in a smudgable formula that makes creating fuss free smokey eyes easy peasy. If your more of a powder gal then my latest love Mac Eyeshadow in Folie is the perfect light-medium warm brown that looks elegant dusted into the crease or dramatic swashed all over the lid. Lastly, there is one lipstick that can pull together any eye makeup and that is my go-to Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Ravishing. With it's nourished, healthy appearance it plumps up lips whilst giving them a nude with attitude touch of colour. Combined they conjure up the epitome of summertime beauty; light, luminous and lustrous. What is your Summer Essentials Makeup Kit?

8 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the Nars lipstick, really need to get myself a few more. Some great picks, I am definitely loving summer makeup.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great essentials, Hollie! I think I will give some of those products a go, specially that NARS concealer!! :) I hate wearing make up in Summer - at least here - because I end up feeling way too warm and sticky :( I shall think about my Summer essentials and maybe renew some of them! Great post xx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much your blog has progressed! - you truly deserve it though :) x

    http://lilemilyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb products for summer make up....

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig