Saturday 25 January 2014

My Skincare Regime and Product Favourites



Clarins Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask, Clinque Sparkle Skin Exfoliator, Lumiére De Vie Serum Concentrate*, Clinque 3-step System (Cleanser, toner and moisturiser), Clinque All About Eyes Cream. 

I adore skincare products. It was back in my early teens when my appreciation for them began after getting spots and feeling pretty self-concious. So, my mum being a Clinque shopper for decades decided to introduce me to their 3-step system. I arrived at one of their counters in Boots and sat down for a skin consultation and got matched. Instead of saying my skin was oily or dry which, I knew myself wasn't the case like other shop assistants assume with spots, I was assigned to their normal to combination skincare products and I have been using them ever since. I just wasn't looking after my skin and taking my make-up off before bed properly so, after two weeks of using the products day and night I woke up finally to spot free skin. Now I always have the 3-step system in. I don't use it as religiously as I just don't find my skin needs that intensity anymore and prefer to use them when my skin is in need of a real deep-cleanse. If your yet to try them then a small gift set like the one I received for Xmas is an ideal introductory size to start off with. They normally run around seasonal promotions and are only £20.

Since my initial love affair with Clinque I went on to use other products of theirs including the Clinque Sparkle Skin Exfoliator for my body in-between fake tanning sessions down to its invigorating smell and jam-packed exfoliants. Also the Clinque All About Eyes Cream is a lovely soft and delicate product for under the eye area. If I use it everyday my eyes feeling softer, smoother and look brighter! 

I really enjoy a great mask every now and again and am currently using the Clarins Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask as you only need a really thin layer of this almost translucent formula to get impressive results. After leaving the product on for 10 minutes or so, once washed skin is even coloured and looks healthier. But like any mask you always need to moisturise after as even the ones that nourish can leave skin dry after use. One of my favourite things to do before moisturising though is to apply a really great serum!

Lumière de Vie Serum Concentrate* is a new product I have been very kindly asked to try. First off I love the impressive size of the bottle. It towers above everything else I own and comes in a gorgeous iridescent white bottle complete with a diamond shaped peachy, gold lid. It is said to have 'the next generation skincare concentrate that utilises nature and science with effective brighteners, powerful antioxidants and the power of the sea' and it does this by having a level of extracts that actual benefit the skin. Collagen is meant to look firmer, reduce the appearance of fine lines, and the thing I am most excited about deliver extreme radiance, clarity and renewal. I have used products in the past that help skin create new skin or push new layers of skin to the surface just like that of a skin peel. But the advantages of products that stimulate and encourage new skin and skin healing is that it is kinder to the skin and less expensive. This product smells like a facial in a bottle with a fresh and zingy peppermint fragrance. After following instructions and leaving the product to soak in for 5 minutes before moisturising I noticed an immediate healthy sheen to my skin that coupled with foundation offered a primer-like illumination. So, I am certainly looking forward to more use of this product. 

What are you favourite skincare products? Any you think work wonders?

8 comments :

  1. I'm still not over my Liz Earle obsession, so use her range mixed with some Clinique :) xx

    http://katieannetc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just wrote up my January skincare favourites on my blog, oddly enough :) Love the look of that gorgeous bottle, looks more like a fancy perfume than skincare.
    http://lifeofadigitalgirl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Liz Earle products but I've tried one of Clinique's moisturisers before and I really liked it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I'm on the look for some skin care products, sounds like
    Clinique would be a good brand to shop with :)

    x

    fashionistadigital.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments ladies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I want to try the Lumiere. Keep us posted on how it goes!
    x
    Sabrina
    www.stylophyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use and am in love with the whole LDV line! You have to try the Exfoliating Mask... www.uk.shop.com/emg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried all the skin care lines out there. From the most expensive to the least. This line is far superior to all the other lines I carry and all of the others I have tried. There is an eye balm that is a must have to protect the delect eye area. You can get the whole line at www.agelessmotives.com. There are even packages that bring the cost down considerably.

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig