Tuesday 21 January 2014

Nars Killing Me Softly Review



Nars Killing Me Softly Palette, own images

I received this lovely Nars Killing Me Softly Palette as a gift after wanting to try some of the iconic Nars blushers without paying the full, fairly expensive price for each full sized products. This palette offers three of the most loved Nars blushers as well as one of the best selling highlighters. As a huge fan of sculpting the face and using light reflecting highlighters to illuminate the skin tone, I have always craved to try Nars's version. In the palette, which is masked in the tactile, identifiable brand packaging, is going clockwise Gilda, Albatross, Outlaw and Orgasm. Above I am wearing a combination of Gilda and Orgasm with Albatross on my checkbones, down the centre of my nose, forehead and under the arch of my brow. Despite Orgasm being their most noted shade with its versatile pinky hue and flecks of gold shimmer it isn't my personal favourite. The shinning star of this palette for me is Gilda. I adore its peachy, coral shade with my slightly olive completion and dark hair. I find it a beautifully subtle but buildable blusher that blends perfectly into my skin. It has the least amount of shimmer compared to the other blushers, but I like that you can choose to either team it with the highlighter or other blushers to create more intensity and sheen. Although Orgasm is lovely and pretty I have to work harder at blending it and not putting too much on my brush so my cheeks aren't too flushed. Similarly, Outlaw is one you should use lightly as its highly pigmented formula can be pretty intense. But just a touch and blended right this blusher goes really well with darker lipsticks like my Mac Party Line. Overall, I would certainly rate and recommend this palette from Nars as at around £30 it is a comprehensive package of best sellers for the money. I would still like to play around with the shades more and team them with different looks so, I am sure Orgasm will come into its own once Spring arrives and clothing and make-up become far fresher and bright. Next on my hit list is other Nars products like their gorgeous nail varnishes and illuminating creams. What do you think of Nars products?



Image from Nars website

10 comments :

  1. This looks like such a good buy instead of getting them separately! Will definitely be checking this out and it looks awesome on you!

    Lyd xxx
    http://lipstickandlyd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like the perfect colour palette and it looks gorge on you!
    Lovely post:)

    Please check out my beauty blog nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so beautiful! love that palette so much <3
    http://thestylegerm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your all so lovely girlies! Appreciate your comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a nice pallet to try out a mixture of their colours without paying out for them individually.

    lizzie xx

    http://beautybybungi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks very beautiful on you ^_^ well spent

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig