Tuesday 30 August 2011

Materialistic



As Madonna once famously put it 'we are living in material world' and wanting to work in the world of fashion 'I am a material girl'. 

I can't help being seduced by shopping - the whole experience of owning something, taking it home and knowing it is yours, well nothing quite comes close. I am fully aware we all need to cut back on our spending habits and start focusing more on how we recycle and dispose of our fashion. I tend to sell all my old clothes on Ebay or give away to the local charity shop however, I spend the majority of my wage on MORE clothes, MORE jewellery, MORE shoes and MORE make-up.  I just can't help myself. 

The reason for the rant - this week I was in boots and with the discovery of it being a triple points day talked myself into buying D&G perfume. Perfume is one of the most luxurious, pretentiousness and unneeded products around; we can live without perfume, but we don't want to!  

Having this glass bottle resting on my dressing table brings me great joy and the fact it is designer brings me even more. I need to learn to retrain myself better from the alluring temptations of retail but until I can I shall enjoy looking about my perfume. 

1 comment :

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig