Monday 14 November 2011

In the spirit of post modern




This coming Wednesday I am venturing to London with my university course to see one of the most highly anticipated exhibitions 'Post-Modernism, Style & Subversion 1970-1990' at the V&A. A future trend for 2012-13 is the Sharp trend which integrates bold, effervescent and rich colour palettes with structured, simple and conceptual  silhouettes. Shapes seem to frame the body, creating striking clean lines that reference the geometric colour blocking of  the Piet Mondrian paintings. This sense of impact and vividness provides wit and humour, qualities that exude the post modern. 

Apparently, this trend direction is for undergraduates like myself who will have to stand out as 'smarter and sharper' in order to tackle the competitive creative industries and ultimately get a job. 

3 comments :

  1. Really interesting post, particularly like the last sentence...makes sense. Planned to visit the Post Modernism exhibition a couple of weeks ago but time got away on such a hectic day, I was really disappointed

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls - If you get another chance to go Lucille go! Wida - I'm not looking for a job at the moment but I when I do I shall look back at the trend for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig