Sunday 20 November 2011

London trip 2



I went to London on the 16th-17th of November to see the Post-modern exhibition at the V&A. The exhibition was brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone interested in design and creative fields. For anyone wondering what post-modernism actually is, I understand it to be a time for the experimental and rule breaking - or more to the point 'an unstable mix of the theatrical and theoretical (a movement) that defies definition.' 

'Drastic departure from modernism's utopian visions.'  

The exhibition went through different types of post-modernist movements from unique architecture to Memphis furniture, art bricolage to punk fashion, original film direction to unusual graphic design. 

'After all, since it is fairly dead, we might aswell enjoy picking at the corpse.' - Charles Jencks

Aswell as this exhibition I went to 'The making of it' exhibition which exampled some of the most ground-breaking design in modern-day. Then I went to Summerset House, which is a magnificent building with bags of grandeur. There I saw the Dazed and Confused exhibition which celebrates 20 years of the publication. This is a small but great exhibition which really captures the quirky spirit of Dazed. 

Apart from visiting exhibitions I wanted to see London. Locations included cupcakes in Covent Garden, clubbing in Soho, shopping in Oxford Circus and lunch at Sketch. London is a magical place in the run up to Christmas with an abundance of glittering lights, xmas trees and plenty of hustle and bustle. I would LOVE to go back soon but my bank balance differs. 

3 comments :

  1. Very festive photos! I love London at christmas, so much going and so much to do and just completely lit up with lights! Really want to see the dazed exhibition, I love somerset house!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good time!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the photos!!! I love LDN so much! I would love to live there some day. Also, I love the layout of your blog... its great keep it up:-) Following x http://joshdetheridge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig