Friday 16 December 2011

Lovelies in life



Follow my pintrest here

As a way of helping me discover my personal style and taste for a self promotion project I joined Pintrest. Over the past month I have been pinning imagery that I like and now I have accumulated enough to start evaluating it. It turns out I am quite feminine in my visual choices and tend to go for overtly fanciful design aesthetics. Colour palettes are soft and subtle pastoral shades of lilac, duck egg blue and dusty pink. I have always known I love soft ethereal lighting and whimsical photography as my favourite photographer is Candace Meyer, you can see her magnificent work here. I have noticed that I am particularly drawn to nature with forestry and flowers being a frequent motif - this surprises me as I am very much a city girl but I do notice that when I am away from nature for too long, I miss it. Another aspect I have identified is that I am actually very English in my tastes, quintessentially so infact, despite wanting to like modern, clean, bare lines I'm truly drawn to character, period deigns and homely features. 

I shall continue pinning and enjoy doing so, it has helped reveal to me what I really like opposed to my perceptions of what I like. If your yet to start a pintrest then don't delay any longer! 

5 comments :

  1. Oh if I had a pinterest I would def follow you. I love the stuff you've picked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really looks nice :)


    thank u for visit www.fancyicon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought about using Pinterest for discovering/understanding my personal style! That's such a great idea! I've been thinking about joining pinterest for ages, but I'm a bit scared to get a bit addicted, haha. But you know what, now it's time for me to join! Haha. Thanks for the idea!

    Take care! //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad I inspired you to take up pintrest sooner rather than later - it is great and yes very addictive xx

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig