Wednesday 14 December 2011

The ice dance



At this time of year I start to feel very happy, humble and grounded - probably because I am at home with my family. These feelings urge me to watch some of my favourite fictional fantasy films like Death Becomes Her, Wizard of OZ and Beetle Juice. I love escapism so it isn't surprising that Tim Burton's otherworldly films are high on my list of all time classic movies. However ultimate, personally, is Edward Scissorhands. I love the themes explored in this film, from dark romance, self-discovery to isolation and Gothicism. The story reminds me of the Brothers Grimm fairy-tales but with more humour and whimsicality. This clip is one of my most cherished scenes, I get chills just hearing the eerie but beautiful music. The infamous 'Ice dance' or 'snow scene' is so ethereal and moving with the slowly falling flakes of ice - I could watch them falling on Winona Ryder's fingertips all day. 
If you haven't watched this film, do!

3 comments :

  1. I love that film! But I haven't wathed for years! Now I have to watch it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that I have encouraged you to watch it again Nina! ;D xx

    ReplyDelete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig