Sunday 8 June 2014

Fake Tan All Stars


It is summer this month and here in Britain the weather conditions have been swinging from almost abroad temperatures to buckets of rain. But that doesn't stop me yielding for the fake tan. I don't know quite what it is about the stuff, it is just such an infallible outlook to, lets face it a superfluous being. But you could say that about the whole beauty industry - heck the whole fashion industry. The world would be a much blander place without them though. I don't care whether some folk still think it is strange to go faux glow. I feel better with a tan and If I'm not going on holiday I feel better getting it out of a bottle instead of under UV lights. So, speaking of these bottles of brownness what am I reaching for this Summer? 

St.Tropez Bronzing Mousse and St.Tropez Bronzing Lotion Face: For regular readers it is no surprise these bad boys are on my hit-list. I can always rely on the iconic fake tanning brand to deliver up on the goods. For me it is all about their mousse. Quick, easy and even it leaves an immediate golden sheen before developing into a deeper hue. I've stopped using this on my face since the purchase of their bronzing lotion for face which I adore. It is light and nourishing whilst delivering buildable colour. As a duo it is faux glow perfection. 

Vita Liberata Phenomenal Luxury Tan Lotion: What the St.Tropez lacks the Vita Liberata provides. And that is odourless tanning. There is no tell-telling fake tan smell with this luxury tan and I love the deep, rich chocolate shade it produces. Does it last 2-3 weeks? Not really but a solid week to a week and a half it certainly does. So, for me that is good enough to justify the price tag. Even if it does make me slightly wince.

St.Moriz Instant Self tanning mousse: When the expensive fake tans run out and the bank balance looks miserable I go to this great cheap as chips alternative. It is always good to have this inexpensive bottle in the draw as it gives you instant colour - and good colour - in no time. But you do need to use it irregularly to stop it drying out your skin. It doesn't wash off as evenly as the others discussed but as an affordable option it is one of my top recommendations.

What fake tan products are you loving this Summer? Any I should check out?

4 comments :

  1. I needed this post Hollie! Remember when I commented that I did not want to become Ross? Haha! I'm definitely giving one of those a go. Maybe St. Moriz, since it's an affordable option. I'll check them out!! Great post :)

    http://definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I don't know much about fake tans, because I am a tan girl :)) I do agree that it is better than getting the actual UV rays though. Love your reviews always!

    XO,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, I'd love a holiday tan over fake tan anyday but gotta do what you gotta do when sun lacks in your homeland! X

      Delete

Give Me More

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig